Monday, April 20, 2009

Meet Patty

Let me introduce you to Patty PMS. Patty comes to visit on a fairly regular basis. She takes over my food log. Patty eats whatever the heck Patty wants to eat. (Patty sometimes doesn't even log all of the food that enters her mouth-imagine!). Patty is grumpy at boot camp. Bad Patty.

Patty is easy to forget. As soon as she leaves, it's as if she never existed. When Patty is away, I feel certain she will never return, who is she anyway?? But sure enough, when I least expect company...BAM! in walks Patty. So here is my dilemma...Patty is coming..with or without invitation...do I entertain her with or without guilt....hmmm.. You vote!

2 comments:

  1. Patty seems like a good 10% visitor. Better to give her a little "carrot" than to ignore her. She might visit more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say you entertain her, but only once or twice a month and not more than that. Mine likes to wreak havoc two times during the month and I try to be a good host, without sacrificing myself. I unquestionably eat more, but I try to make it things I won't feel guilty about. I have an extra bowl of Kashi Cereal, a cliff bar, dried fruit and occasionally some frozen yogurt. I know when I eat crap, I'll feel like crap. If I can stay within some guidelines I won't hate myself in the morning. Oh, that includes some pizza once a month because it's what I crave most. I don't feel guilty about it though because it happens rarely and not as a weekly habit. Never feel guilty - just do it differently next time. You're too fun to be bummed out.

    ReplyDelete