Sunday, February 24, 2013

Stewing

I have been busy in my other line of work...I know, hard to believe there is more to my life than bootcamps and blogging. I wish!! In my dreams I would seriously follow Deanne around all day..and looking oh! so good:)

So, I have decided for this week's post I  would allow us all to reflect on the information we have been reading  and "let it stew" as they say...

Did you read through this table on page 113?

It is intended to help you work from one side of the graph to the other. 
(unhealthy/false fix........ to most healthy fix)
I am not sure about you, but I pretty much like to jump in with both feet...if I can get the most bang for my buck with Kale chips then pass the bag..let's get munchin'!! Uh...what are Kale chips?? you ask...

...I found them at Trader Joes
and knew I must have that really pricey small bag of 
krinckled up green leaf looking snack.
After all my healthy fix is in there!!
 
And this folks...is not the bottom of the bag.
I think perhaps I DO NEED the transitioning table.
If this is the measuring stick of fit eating...
pass me the carrot sticks. 
There have been times in my life where I've had to say "Okay!" to an A-.
I'm good with that.

On a different note, remember the part about Epipha-MEs?
I had mine.
Went to a semi-important meeting after eating lunch out.
This was NOT a large lunch..in fact an under 500 cal lunch.
No dessert, salad, healthy- type, vegetarian and all.
About midway through the meeting, my stomach started to hurt.
I mean ache and pain and I found myself hoping my facial expressions
were not reflective of my inner grumblings.
I considered unzipping..but of course, that would not be professional.
Somehow I made it through the meeting.

On the way home I called my husband to find out if he was having similar stirrings
(as he was my lunch date). Nope, he was fine.
I came home to alka seltzer and while I flung myself 
on the bed and laid still in the fetal position.
It dawned on me.

My epipha-ME:
My pants were too tight.

And that, my forever fit friends is when it happened for me.

When finally I came to realize that continuing to eat at current trends
has proven more painful than
becoming accountable for what goes in my mouth.
Or as Dr. Peeke put it...
 
"when the pain of where you are now is 
far greater than the pain it will take to get out."  

So after facing the fact that I am TOO an addict of food and
experiencing the pains (literally) of my epipha-ME..
I am now ready to progress into Chapter 6: Stage 2 Beginner Recovery.  
Come and join me!
.. and in case you were wondering....they WERE my fat pants.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment