Wednesday, April 21, 2010

comments

Hi Campers!!

Did you all work it indoors today?? All I can say is one minute of super planks??? oh my!!

Karyn has informed me that if you try to comment without having a gmail (or google) login that you are not able to do so. Thus, my ...just click this and type here and click this explanation may not be sufficient for all of you to post your comments. So..if you do not have a gmail or google login just go to google.com and click on gmail and set up an account that will give you the password you will need.

There were a couple of great comments after my last post and I don't want anyone to miss them so I am going to copy them here...the first is from Karyn:

When I signed up for Deanne's meal plans 10 months ago, I always got down on myself and joked around as "failing" since I did not follow the program and therefor did not acheive the desired results. Bottomline, I was still looking for the magic diet where I could put no effort in and get great results out! While I think Deanne is the magic answer, I now realize it takes time, dedication, work and preparation which I did not devote to my goals in the past. Instead I was of the mindset that "I can eat what I want since I worked out".

Well, P.S., 10 months later I have been working out hard,(and eating what I want) and have seen some results, but not everything I know I can be. I have finally submitted to the fact that it is 75% or more nutrition and I can't excercise away a bad diet.

However, after receiving the new menus, I have realized that I really did not fail afterall. Reviewing the shopping list, I noticed that I have and use all the items on a daily/weekly basis--unlike 10 months ago when I did not even know what some of them were no less where to buy them or how to prepare them. I'll admit that I am still working on using them in the proper combinations and quantities but unlike 10 months ago, I know what the items are and how to cook them and I stock them in my pantry.

I suppose old habits die hard, but I now consider myself successful since progress in the right direction has been realized! This is a life long journey - and I am just getting rolling!

Be kind to yourself and search for the progress and positives in all that you do even if you're like me and it takes a while to figure it out!



And next a tip from Cori:


Hey ladies - I found a good new greek yogurt at the Von's in Torrey Hills. It is called Chobani and the vanilla is 120 calories for 6 oz., no fat and 13 grams of sugar. It is creamy and yummy! I think that is less calories and sugar than the Soy and Co yogurt - and it has more protein than the cottage cheese addition (which I omitted) is that bad?


Give it a try...this blogging thing can be pretty fun...honest.
Stay tuned for my "before " pics to be posted soon...I know you can't wait!!!





3 comments:

  1. I am really enjoying the food and have been following the meal plan because #1 - it is way easier than having to go in and change the food plan on the weblog and #2 - I know if I follow them exactly, I will see results - AND I WANT RESULTS!! But I have a question - Is anyone else confused by the calorie counts? For example, today's tortilla soup for lunch (delicious by the way) says on the recipe that it is 124 calories for one serving but on the meal plan it says 1 serving is 343 calories - Huh? I don't get it. Can someone please explain that to me? I really need to know - because "I AM IN IT TO WIN IT!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cori...I think this is a ?? that only Deanne can answer for you. I sent her an email...Good for you for being so serious about it all. I am sore from working out hard and have been eating better but I am far from perfect on my menus...U ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you Kath. My workouts were awesome this week, especially since my habit was to push myself an extra 10 minutes during each workout this week. I didn't get to 500 every time, but I was definitely more fatigued than I usually am. Insomnia and the super hard workouts didn't bode well for the menu plan. Eating the right things, just more than I should because I was just plain hungry. Had to go the maintenance route instead of the weight loss one for menus. Hopefully week 2 will be easier for me to commit to.

    ReplyDelete