Thursday, May 6, 2010

Marathon



I just returned from Las Vegas where I went to help my sister post-new baby. I drove by myself. I don't enjoy driving, much. As I started out on my journey, I realized that I could easily (not really easy...but you know what I mean) run a marathon in the time that it would take me to drive to Vegas. I realized also that I would prefer to run a marathon. (But I am a bit sick in the head, I realize). These thoughts were on my way to Vegas.

On the way home today, I realized as I was grabbing at food particles to keep myself entertained and alert for my drive that I (no doubt) consumed more calories than if I had gone out to run a marathon. When I run, I consume 100 cal for every hour of running (I am expending between 500 and 600/hour). When I drive...(close to 0 calories expended)...and yes...even though I included fruit, vegetables, almonds, AK Maks and a healthy sandwich...MORE CALORIES CONSUMED THAN WHEN RUNNING A MARATHON!  What is up with that?!

Not only that...I have been away from the web log...So? How's it going for you??

PS. Just so you don't think I threw it all away while in Vegas...I did run twice with my brother in law (at 4:00 am!!) and did the workout that is over.......there......on the ride side bar. It was tough in the heat but kind of fun to do while my niece and nephew played at the park.




No comments:

Post a Comment