Monday, October 11, 2010

The Turkish Get-Up

Last week in Friday's class. We began working on the Turkish Get-Up. A full body strength exercise that challenges every muscle group to work in concert. In my opinion, this is one of the most (if not the most) important strength exercises we will be working on in our bootcamp classes. We started it with no weight last week and just worked on the movement pattern. I found a great video clip of Anthony DiLuglio, from The Art of Strength, (the company from whom I buy my ropes) breaking this move down into 6 segments. If you can, watch this on your computer and practice with him. After a few days of this, you will feel comfortable putting it all together. And then we will add some weight so you can really feel how challenging this move can be. On the right hand side of this blog, under "What to Work on At Home" there is a youtube link to see Anthony's breakdown of the Turkish Get-Up. Let me know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment