Thursday, January 17, 2013

Food4thought.Thoughts4food...

Ummm...yeah this would be me in my size zero clothes.
after about 1 year of juicing.
She is not really smiling, but not frowning either.

I have wondered if I could be free in my expressions regarding the cleanse here on the blog. This particular forum is connected to Deanne and Forever Fit so I don't want to be like a naysayer at church. Did I use the term naysayer correctly? Best not to correct me if not, not now...I am, after all, on day 4 of cleansing:)

Don't get me wrong it hasn't been all bad nor all good..kindof like the expression on the face above...

What I like about the cleanse (thus far):

1) Love having my food all planned and (out of necessity) made the night before to take with me to work.

2) Having had someone else figure out the recipes and schedule because no way right now in my life would I have taken time to do so.

3) Thurs/Friday pm snack, that was delicious, really. The first time I have wanted to suck the cup dry.

4) Having the coaching from Deanne and Janelle coming via email just at the right critical moment.

5) Adding ice and protein powder to breakfast.

6) The times that I have felt the "lift" from the juices...it hasn't been every time for me but I have felt it a time or two.

7) Losing weight!

8) Realizing that 90% of my food intake was purchased in the produce department.

9) Trying something new and healthy. ( I like new and trendy:)

10) Bragging rights!!

And the down side... 

1)  Cravings

2) Having someone else decide my food. I like choices.

3) The learning curve on water/ice/consistency.

4) Resenting family food consumption.

5) Moody.

So...not bad...twice as many likes to dis-likes.  How has it measured up for you??

Love to hear!
Kathleen

 


2 comments:

  1. I just realized today that food has been my drug for about the past 6 months. I have absolutely zero physical/mental willpower to change that...for now. I'm just hoping and praying that someday, very soon, that I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My juicer sounds like an airplane about to take off! My kids have to pause Phinneas and Ferb until I am done! I like the fact that my juicer liquifies everything so thin that these drinks are much easier to consume. Have to admit - this juicer was yet another unopened wedding gift from 10 years ago. It's finally getting some use! Next big tip is I eat dinner before I feed my family! That helps with the temptation of sneaking a bite of anything I shouldn't! My weight has ticked down every day this week and hopefully next week (when I can get to bootcamp) my muscles will emerge!

      Delete