Sunday, September 1, 2013

Thriving Bootcampers Interview #1: CASSIE NELSON

 

Cassie Nelson
(Deanne’s questions are in black; Cassie’s reply in red, Thanks for the interview, Cassie!!)

1.     How long have you been a Forever Fitter? Hasn’t it been four years? Or five?

2.     What do you like most about Forever Fit? When I come to a workout, I know that I’ll be challenged.

3.     Do you have a nickname? If yes, what is it? Growing up, my family called me, “Sassy Cassie.”

4.     Where did you grow up? El Cajon, California

5.     If you went to college, what school? Brigham Young University for BS in Family Science, and University of Phoenix for Masters in Marriage, Family, and Child Counseling.

6.     What is (or was) your profession? Before Quincy was born, I was training to be a family therapist.

7.     Do you have kids?  If so, how many and what are the genders and ages?
Quincy – almost 13
Brookelynn - 8

8.     What hobbies or skills do you have (serious or funny)?
I enjoy playing the piano – it calms me down. I also like making things, such as cards and memory albums. I am also earning to grow an organic garden.
9.     When it comes to your workout philosophy and demeanor, what animal would you compare yourself to and why?
A turtle – slow and steady wins the race.

10.                        What’s your biggest vice in life? SUGAR!!! I only allow myself dessert once a week, and I can’t keep sugar in the house, because I’m addicted to it.

11.                        Would you rather: (choose one answer by each letter)

a.     Do 100 burpees or 20 sets of Torrey Hills Stairs? Neither!!! I guess stairs.
b.     Workout outside when it’s 90 degrees and sunny or 50 degrees and raining? 50 degrees and raining
c.      Do a ropes workout or a Kettlebell workout? Ropes
d.     Crawl through the sand or crawl through wet grass? Sand
e.     Listen to pop, classic rock, alternative or country while working out? Pop

12.                         Tell us one thing most people don’t know about you
I’ve traveled as a student to Japan, Jerusalem, and Europe.

13.                        If you had a theme song in life, what would it be?
What Doesn’t Kill You Makes You Stronger
14.                         Do you have any specific goals for the next 10 weeks?
Regain my upper body strength – move from 7.5 pound to 10 pound weights.
15.                        Do you have any specific goals for the next 10 years?
Maintain my exercise schedule and weight.  Thankfully, I have Forever Fit to help we with that!!!! Enjoy my children before they leave home.


No comments:

Post a Comment