Sunday, October 13, 2013

Thriving Bootcamper #7: Michelle Ruvane!!


Meet: Michelle Ruvane!!

How long have you been a Forever Fitter? We moved to Carmel Valley last April, from Coronado. I learned about it and started in May.


   What do you like most about Forever Fit? Deanne, of course! And being outside with a great group of people!

    Do you have a nickname? If yes, what is it? To my nieces and nephews I am Auntie Mimi. As a teenager I had a few - Mic, Mickey, Mitch, Mitchelly, and Mi-chalet.

4Where did you grow up? I am Canadian. Born in Montreal, grew up mainly in the Eastern Townships of Quebec, then moved to Kingston, Ontario (near Toronto) when I was 14.

  If you went to college, what school? Bishop’s University, in Quebec.

6What is (or was) your profession? I was an event planner before children. My best years were at the Hilton on Mission Bay. I booked and planned weddings, Bar and Bat Mitzvahs, fundraisers, etc.

7Do you have kids?  If so, how many and what are the genders and ages? Yes, two boys! Liam is 9 and Boden is 6.

8What hobbies or skills do you have (serious or funny)? I am bilingual in French.

   When it comes to your workout philosophy and demeanor, what animal would you compare yourself to and why? My husband suggested a dolphin when I said I am not super competitive in my workouts but I am consistent, focused and social J

1What’s your biggest vice in life? Proudly announcing to my husband how much money I “saved” on my purchase of new clothes since they were on sale. I have myself convinced anyway!

                        Would you rather: (choose one answer by each letter)

a.     Do 100 burpees or 20 sets of Torrey Hills Stairs? 100 burpees
b.     Workout outside when it’s 90 degrees and sunny or 50 degrees and raining? After years in freezing Quebec, hot and sunny!
c.      Do a ropes workout or a Kettlebell workout? Kettlebell
d.     Crawl through the sand or crawl through wet grass? Neither J
e.     Listen to pop, classic rock, alternative or country while working out? Pop

1 Tell us one thing most people don’t know about you. I have fainted about 8 times in my life. Usually pain-related. Such drama, right?!

1If you had a theme song in life, what would it be? Whatever is newest, funky and up-beat.

1 Do you have any specific goals for the next 10 weeks? To finish Deanne’s Challenge! And keep up with the workouts along with some running in between.

  Do you have any specific goals for the next 10 years? More travel, more time teaching my sons French, getting back into tennis, continue workouts to be able to keep up with my very active, sport-loving family!

No comments:

Post a Comment