Sunday, March 22, 2015

5x5 Challenge Week Week 4 Oh My!

Hello 5x5 challengers. Can you believe it's week 4 already?  These last two weeks are going to take some serious discipline.  Is anyone experiencing a stall on the scale? If you're like me, the first couple pounds came off fairly easy and now the body is holding on to every ounce for dare life. That's because if the body suspects you are starving it, it will slow down the metabolism to preserve what it has.  Your water, workouts and protein intake are going to be extremely important this week to trick your body into letting those last couple pounds go.  Make your body work hard to break down your calories by making sure you are having approximately 20 grams of protein per meal and lots and lots of veggies. If you can handle raw veggies, even better. There is a thermic effect of eating which means the harder your body has to work to break down and metabolize food, the more calories it's burning.  Things like chicken, fish, grass fed beef, nuts and raw veggies take more energy to break down than fast acting carbs like sugar, bread, pasta etc.  The other thing you can do is to make sure you work waaaaay outside your comfort zone on 3 of your workouts this week. The more you can get anaerobic, the longer your metabolism will stay elevated after the workout is long over. Keeping the metabolism elevated means burning more calories.  Just make sure your 3 hardest days are alternated with some lower to medium intensity days.

Let us know what you plan to do on week 4 to get that scale moving again.  I am going to wear my heart rate monitor to every workout and make sure I am getting to my anaerobic levels. I am also going to up my vegetable intake to 10 servings which will leave less desire and room for "other things".

10 comments:

  1. Yes I think the key for me this week will be increasing the number of workouts I do and coming well rested to the 6am classes so that I can put more effort in and burn more calories. My goal will be 3 forever fit workouts with increased effort and at least 20 minutes on the elliptical on the off days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This week I'm going to continue with no chips/treats and no snacking but also make a real effort to only have two glasses of wine on Saturday, fingers crossed I can do it this week!!1

    ReplyDelete
  3. My strategies are the same as before - no sweet treats, only healthy carbs, IF, less wine, and only planned healthy snacking between meals. I find myself backsliding by Wednesday every week so I need to do better and try harder Thursday through Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still need to increase my fluid and veggie intake even more. Also, I have to travel out of town 4 days this week, so my goal is to stick to my healthy eating plan while I'm on the road. No fast food!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This week I will attend more classes and continue with my planned eating. This weekend was difficult with three kid parties and visiting with folks we haven't seen in a while. Easy to nibble. I also caught myself mid-drink today after a pal got me a soda at a party. Didn't even remember I was 'off' soda until about half the can was gone. Looking forward to a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goals this week are: Hot lemon water every morning, one long walk a day or at least 5x/wk, drink more water all day, no alcohol, no snacking when I'm not hungry, done eating by 7p.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a terrible week! Ate everything I wasn't supposed to! I saw myself resorting back to very bad eating habits that I haven't seen in a very long time. Just going to try and get myself back on track with my protein and veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Continue w IF and eat unprocessed all week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Continue with 4:2:1 food plan. Anticipate my "cheats" on Saturday so I don't cheat 6 times.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This fraud judgment has led to Antony Gordon’s Chapter Seven bankruptcy, which is a straight liquidation.

    This (2:13-ap-01536-DS 1568931 Ontario Ltd., an Ontario (Canada Corporati v. Gordon et al) looks like a $9 million dollar fraud judgment in federal court against Rabbi Chanan (Antony) Gordon (an attorney, motivational speaker, and hedge fund manager).

    http://www.lukeford.net/blog/?p=59030

    ReplyDelete