Monday, January 10, 2011

My Cheat Day

Well yesterday was my much anticipated cheat day. Honestly, i woke up wanting to eat what I had been eating all week. I felt great. I was having success. My cravings were gone. Why would I mess with things? But, staying true to the process, I knew I needed to relax and eat a few things that I had stayed away from earlier in the week both for psychological and physiological reasons. My husband was out of town, so I didn't really have anything going on over the weekend. That made the Cheat Day a little unexciting. I think next weekend will be better and I will enjoy it more since I have a party to go to Saturday night.

I started out the morning by walking to Starbucks with my daughter and her friend. I ordered the egg, sausage and english muffin sandwich (because that's not what I would usually order). It was ok but not sure I enjoyed it that much more then my egg white scrambles. I had pasta at lunch. I thought I would really enjoy it, but it was just ok. I did pick up a 60% dark chocolate bar at the grocery store. Now that I enjoyed with a glass of milk! I had no desire to eat the whole thing so I split it with my kids and probably ate about 2oz. It was plenty.

What did I learn?
1. I don't think I need to force it.
2. I think I would have enjoyed the day just as much if I had kept the meals similar to what I had been eating and just add the chocolate bar.
3. Geeze, I wish all weekends were this easy. Why, when I could eat anything I wanted, did I not really want anything? INTERESTING!!!
4. I was really anxious this morning to get back at it though so that's a good sign.
5. I had unbelievable energy at bootcamp this morning which some of you experienced first hand. Was that because of the Cheat Day, the gorgeous weather, the kick-off of a new session, so many fun people at the workout? Probably all of the above.

I have a feeling when my weekends are a little more sociable, my cheat days will look a little more like cheat days. Sorry to disappoint. It really wasn't all that exciting.

4 comments:

  1. Okay Deanne...I am not so sure about you being the "expert" on cheat eating. I felt like I was reading a Romance Novel written by a Quaker. C'mon...let's hear from someone who knows how to really cheateat....anyone, anyone? I know this post has caused me to be planning my day which is coming in just 5 short days...
    but...thx for the inspiration, D really...your enthusiasm for this new program has got to rub off:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right? What's wrong with me that I like days 1-4 more than my cheat day :) I am a sick individual!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I figure out what a really good cheat day would be in my book:
    A homecooked meal by Keely Barrera with a bottle of my favorite wine from Paso Robles and Keely's famous triple chocolate cake! Maybe that's my problem. I didn't involve Keely in my cheat day.

    ReplyDelete