Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Week 3 - The Stomach Flu...Blah!

Hi everyone. Thanks for being patient with me this week while I battled this nasty stomach flu. Starting to feel back to normal and looking forward to getting back to my healthy eating plan. Let me know what meal ideas you have been trying this week. Emma provided us with a great smoothie that she created.

My planning day was never more important as it was this past Saturday. Because I had planned out our dinners for the week and did my shopping before I got sick, my husband was able to get a healthy dinner on the table every night for the kids. Every week I am reminded of just how important this planning time is to the success of our healthy eating. I know it is the main reason why I and so many others have had success so far. One person mentioned that this program is making her think about food more than ever. Remember, if you are trying to figure out what you are going to eat when you are hungry, it's too late! If you do your planning and prep on the weekend, you won't have to figure it out in the moment. You will know exactly what you are going to have everyday for every meal. If it feels overwhelming to you to figure out what exactly you will eat for the next 7 days, then just plan for the next 4 days. It just means you will have to carve out two planning times during the week instead of one. I cannot emphasize the importance of this enough. Making choices when we are hungry is a bad idea when you are trying to change your body comp. Our willpower will often disappoint us and our cravings will usually conquer. Make it easier on yourself by knowing on Sunday what you plan to eat on Wednesday. It may not sound like fun but that's not the idea here. The idea is success and to get you to your goals once and for all. After all, you have your Cheat Day to have fun.

That brings me to my next point. Make sure you "earn" your Cheat Day. How do you earn it? By following days 1-6 very closely. If you do follow the plan closely, you won't feel guilty taking that Cheat Day. If you feel guilty, it may be because you've already cheated quite a few times during the week. And remember, the cheat day is not a binge. It's a day to have a little of those foods that you've said no to all week long. It's a day off from eggs or egg whites for breakfast ;)

Now that I'm feeling better and cooking dinner again, it occurred to me that the very best time to do prep for future meals is while you are already in the kitchen cooking. You're already making a mess and you are already in "cooking mode" which will make you more efficient. For example, I marinated my flank steak last night while I was cooking our spaghetti dinner. But, if you don't do your planning at the beginning of the week, you won't have anything to prep for the future.

Hope you're having a healthy and active week. I look forward to hearing what's working for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment