Sunday, September 11, 2011

Introducing...

Lisa Broussard
Lisa has been gracious enough to allow us to 
"follow" her through our Fall session of boot camps.

Lisa has an at-home business where she sells personalized bags and gifts. She and her husband, Ben have been married for nine years and have two boys, age 7 and 4. Her history probably is similar to many of us in that she found it much easier to make time for exercise [and everything else, right?] before starting her family. Now that her youngest is going to be in preschool she will be joining us for Monday and Friday boot camps. Lisa was introduced to Deanne and Forever Fit by her friend, Lesley. Since she "signed up" she has discovered that she knows several other campers:) She loves running, hiking, riding bikes and riding her scooter that she purchased to keep up with her kids.

A bit more background in Lisa's words...

Before marriage and kids I ran 4 marathons as well as most races San Diego has to offer.  Once having kids, those race days diminished. Early morning starts became impossible for both my husband and I to do at the same time.  We have no family in San Diego to help with watching our young children.  My husband also runs and is training for the Las Vegas Marathon as we speak.  I have been a member at PAC since it opened in 2002. I have done just about every class and program it has to offer.   I have worked out with trainers and have achieved great results.  Because, I tend to put everyone in my family first, I put myself at the bottom of my list of things I need to do.  I definitely know I need accountability and goals.  

I struggle with nutrition and always have.  It's not that I eat a lot - I just don't eat regularly or the right food.  Breakfast is my biggest challenge.  I run out of the house with a piece of fruit and a string cheese if I am lucky.   I also do not drink enough water.  I have to constantly keep a water bottle with me to remind myself.

I would love to lose up to 20 pounds but know that is going to take a tremendous amount of dedication and discipline. 

Lisa told me that she was really disappointed (and me too!!) that the Friday seminar was cancelled since she was so ready to go...You will see her at boot camp this week and we will be checking back with her often to see how she is doing. 
 
Thanks Lisa and Welcome to Forever Fit!!





14 comments:

  1. Welcome Lisa! You are going to love being a part of this group!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Lisa! And good luck! I probably won't meet you because I am a Tues/Thurs A.M. camper, but will follow your story!

    For the contest - here is my goal...I have a lot of work travel coming up, and travel has before totally derailed my diet and exercise plan. My goal is to work out every day that I am away, even if it's on a junky hotel treadmill, and I will pass on even looking at the dessert menu when out to dinner. - Carol Morabito

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Lisa. It's a fun group.

    My goal is to prep my breakfast and lunch the night before. Thus no excuse to eat junk while running around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome Lisa!

    I look forward to following your blog postings for the next 10 weeks - I think your willingness to share your story will be a motivator for all of us!

    My goal is to De-Stress! I will focus initially on the planning aspects of the 4-2-1 plan, with emphasis on converting my chaotic kitchen into a SANCTUARY for me and my family...
    ~Laura Lee Skillman

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goal is to meal plan for each of the 10 weeks. Already having started this week I'm amazed at how my eating habits have changed and I'm not missing the junk! I totally am living Deanne's works to Make a plan!!
    Suzanne Miller

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lisa! Welcome to Boot Camp!

    My goal is to slow down and focus on the planning instead of the perfection. Deanne's idea of letting the "me" of today help the "me" of tomorrow really hit home. I'm going to plan plan plan and help myself out this session!! I need a friend like me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa you are brave, but thanks for letting us follow you and your success.

    My goal is to follow the 4-2-1 plan and to lose 2 lbs a week oh and to win the body comp challenge! Ok there I said it now I better work hard and keep organized.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah Lisa. Thanks for letting us follow your journey.

    My goals for this session are:
    1.Fitness - get back to the level of fitness I expereinced before my back injury.
    2. Nutrition - get back to the body comp I had before marriage & kids (requires losing 8 lbs).
    I fuigure by shooting for BHAGs(Big Hairy Audacious Goals), I will no doubt be a better me tomorrow then i am today.
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you joined us Lisa. It's a great group.
    My goal is to be able to have the positive energy needed to play with 11 grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome Lisa! You will love working out with Deanne and the group!

    One of my big goals is to PLAN. I have been very lax in that department so now I will have my planning day, get my food, prepare what I can ahead and have my fridge and kitchen ready to go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lisa, thanks for sharing with us. It definitely helps to know we are not alone! I have already had the pleasure of working out with you twice (once at orientation!), and am looking forward to seeing you over the next 10 weeks.
    My goal for this session is... you guessed it... to plan more and better, and to stick to my plans. I really am bad at it, and hope to extend Dee's planning tips beyond just food and exercise. I'm setting my sights on being able to relax and play with my family, without an underlying feeling of having left something undone.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome to Bootcamp, Lisa! One of my goals is to plan, plan, plan! A shout out to my friend Michele who has partnered with me in this endeavor! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. My goal this round is to focus mainly on success through the nutrition component. My goal is to burn 2000 cal/week in exercise which is a significant drop for me. I am hoping this will help me to be able to stick with the food plan consistently.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I stuck with my plan even though I was tempted by dessert at a family baby shower. Sherry Weeks

    ReplyDelete