Friday, September 30, 2011

U Rock it!


(I know what you are thinking...where did I find these dudes? There are some things one just should not share.)

Ann Maas sent me over her comment for the blog since she was having technical difficulties in getting it to post. I thought her comments were quite insightful so I decided to have her guest post this one....

"My resistance muscle is frayed and tired!  It makes me realize how little I use it when it comes to food.  

Since I was committed to eating only off my pre-planned grid this week, it was a good wake up call!  

Two things really helped this week: 

(1) lots of pre-cooking yummy stuff last week - food I could look forward to as I was passing on items that usually tempt me; and 

(2) the passing itself.  

Foregoing things that get my blood sugar going really helped ward off the cravings.  A couple of times I've been reallly hungry, but I noted that while I was hungry, I wasn't grumpy and frantic like I can get when I eat sugar.  No cravings also made the food I did eat very satisfying (brocolli soup just isn't that great after chocolate chip muffins!)   I've also really been trying that whole me of today helping the me of tomorrow idea. Usually the me of today acts like the me of tomorrow is some super hero that can make up for everything I didn't quite get to.  Turning it around has been very helpful!"

Thanks Ann!! Now did someone say...muffins?! (I joke;) and P.S. If you have problems posting your comments you are welcome to send me an email and I will copy and paste it in for you. N.P.

9 comments:

  1. OK, that picture made me LAUGH!!! I do not want to know where you found that! haha.

    So, I was out with a couple forever fitters last night and let me tell you, the good food around us was a-plenty. Especially the desserts. I can happily report that the resistance muscles were working strong!!! We all stayed away despite all the rants and raves about the treats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie Darton sent in this comment:
    I have definitely been exercising my resistance muscle lately. I had my grandkids here, I had to make the traditional great grandmas macaroni and cheese, then of course they needed movie food so I had favorite things all around me. However, I made a particularly appetizing dinner ahead of time knowing that way I would have something yummy to eat as well and much better for me. I kept telling myself 5 minutes of decadence is not worth the consequence of no points on this weeks challenge and lots of hips forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CarSorry if this shows up twice. I typed it and hit "post" and it disappeared. I am having a particularly difficult week so I love reading all of your comments. Today I had a phone meeting at 7am so I didn't get to work out. I practiced my resistance muscle in a different way - by prioritizing my workouts and making sure I find time. So, instead of going to happy hour tonight, as I had planned, I am going home to work out. This is a big accomplishment since I pretty much live for happy hour. Happy healty eating everyone!ol Morabito had this to share:

    ReplyDelete
  4. That last comment was Carol Morabato.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have had a good week and I can tell my resistance muscle is getting stronger. It helped so much that I had my protein and soup already made and waiting for me so when I was feeling weak I couldn't give myself an excuse to go off my meal grid. Also, working out each day gave me even more strength to resist "treat". I scheduled in my workouts and gave it my all so I didn't all that hard work to go to waste. It was also great to talk with other Forever Fitters about what they are struggling with or what's working for them. I can tell those around me know my goals as my hubby has not brought home treats. Also friends has been supportive by not pushing me to eat something not on my plan. One very nice friend even dropped off a FEF approved lunch for me one very busy day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cooking for my kids and exercising my resistance muscle is a constant battle! This week I realized I must have had a dozen bananas in my fridge that I needed to clear out! So I went on a banana bread baking quest. Some for my kids and some for our camping trip this past weekend! I was able to make 2 loaves and completely stayed away! Good thing considering it has 3/4 cup of sugar, 1/3 cup of butter and white flour! They ate it up and I resisted! No more doing that though...baking that bread!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janelle posts: I had a breakfast meeting last week. There were lots of treats. I knew it would be a tough environment so I was sure to eat a big breakfast before, drank 2 bottled waters during the meeting & polietly declined the goodie bags being sent home with everyone. Whew...crisis avoided!



    I also have noticed that I am more able to flex my resistance muscle in these situations.

    Not so good when I am in my own home with a craving or desire. Ohy vey!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Annie Golden comments:
    I am becoming cognizant of strengthening my resistant muscle!...Deanne made that concept very tangible. I have said no to myself when I wanted a glass of wine while making and eating dinner and when my husband asked me if I wanted pumpkin ice cream. Working out my Resistance Muscle is making Me stronger physically and mentally! It's good!

    - Show quoted text -

    ReplyDelete
  9. A glass of wine always sounds so good at the end of the day while I'm cooking. Yesterday, I resisted the many times that I thought about how the wine was already opened and it was going down the drain if I didn't drink it!
    I resisted even though my kids crazy behavior also made me feel I deserved a glass of wine!
    Tonight I will be adding a cup of the wine to our soup!

    ReplyDelete