Wednesday, September 21, 2011

On or Off?!


Do we want to be "on" or "off" the wagon?...
I had to look it up. (google is my 'go to' for such important queries).
I do believe we want to be "on" the wagon. (healthy living/eating/drinking=on the wagon)
Today I have been as precarious as an overloaded pumpkin cart...
But look to Lisa for some inspiration...

It's my first Permission Day!  I actually have a little anxiety about it.  While relaxing on the food a little sounds great - I don't want to fall off the wagon either!  So to jump start my day - I ate a healthy microwave egg frittata and went to PAC for a 1 hour spin class!   I laugh that it's still the same old crazy PAC - no parking spaces, women rushing to class, etc....you know the drill!

So my oldest son, Max, has been BEGGING me to go out to dinner for a week now!  Tonight I will reward him and myself to a fancy dinner at Red Robin!  Carmel Valley's Finest! ;-)  I heard one bit of advice at Deanne's Nutrition Seminar to check out the menu BEFORE going to a restaurant.   More time to "plan" will allow me to make a wise choice right?  Wish me luck!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Great idea to look up the menu first! That Red Robin is a sneaky place but don't worry. Just ask for what you need. You know like "Harry Met Sally" when Sally puts her strange breakfast order in. Restaurants do not have your best interest at heart. You have to look out for you! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! My one piece of advice would be anytime you want to have something naughty on your permission day, ask for the kid's size. Some places will roll their eyes (Chipotle - I always ask for the kid's size chips and they get really annoyed - but they do it) and other places will happily accomodate. So, if you're going to order fries at Red Robin, ask for a kid's portion. If you don't order fries, kudos to you! You have more self control than I do! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck, Lisa!!

    My advice is: Give yourself permission to have a bite or two of the things you really love & missed having this past week. Your body & mind need the "re-set" that this day is meant for & you will enter your next week ready to work hard again!!

    I LOVE the 4-2-1 plan!!

    ReplyDelete